* We are unable to ship this item outside the U.S.
Macular Degeneration: A Complete Guide for Patients and Their Families offers a wealth of insight into what macular degeneration is, what causes it, and the array of contemporary treatment options. This is the perfect reference guide for you or a loved one when dealing with macular degeneration. Here you'll learn:
- Lifestyle and environmental factors that can affect your risk of developing age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- Dietary strategies to prevent or slow the progression of macular degeneration
- Nutritional supplements that work
- The difference between dry AMD and wet AMD
- When surgery is the best option
- How to choose an eye care professional (or know that you've chosen the right one)
- How to deal with the stress of vision loss to macular degeneration
About the Author:
Michael A. Samuel, M.D., a renowned retina specialist and ophthalmologist, works with patients at both ends of the life span--infants born with retinopathy of prematurity, and elders who suffer from age-related macular degeneration.