Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I find shipping information?
Our shipping page has all of the answers about rates, estimated delivery times and other shipping policies.More Info
- How can I upgrade to faster shipping?
Contact us as soon as possible and we'll let you know if we're able to upgrade your shipping.More Info
- What is your return policy?
We never want you to be unhappy. Ever. So, if you received the wrong size, wrong color, a defective product or you're simply unsatisfied with your purchase, DiscountContactLenses.com offers free return shipping. We take the worry out of ordering online and even give you 365 days after the purchase date to send items back-with the exception of made-to-order and colored contact lenses.More Info
- Why can't I use a coupon on certain contact lenses?
CooperVision currently enforces a unilateral pricing policy (UPP) which maintains a minimum selling price on certain contact lenses. The new unilateral pricing policy prohibits ANY U.S. authorized retailer from offering sales, coupons and other discounts that would result in net pricing below the manufacturer's minimum UPP price on the lenses listed below. While we continue to sell these contact lenses at the lowest prices possible, we are unable to discount them below the manufacturer's minimum price.
- Do I need a prescription from my eye doctor to buy contacts from DiscountContactLenses.com?
In a word, yes. We can contact your eye doctor to verify your prescription or you can email or fax a copy. Whatever's easier. But, keep in mind that a physical copy of the prescription speeds up processing.More Info
- Will you verify my prescription with my eye doctor?
If you don't provide a physical copy of the prescription via email or fax, we will verify the prescription with your eye doctor.
- How long will it take to receive my contact lenses?
Delivery varies based on the shipping method you choose, your location and the type of product you ordered (made-to-order contacts require extra processing time).More Info
- Are your contact lenses the real deal?
Yes, every last one of our contact lenses comes directly from the manufacturer and are 100 percent authentic.
- What are your hours?
You can reach us Monday - Friday 8 a.m.-11 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m.-9 p.m. and Sunday 12 p.m.-7 p.m.More Info
- Where are your stores located?
To keep prices nice and low, DiscountContactLenses.com does not have brick-and-mortar stores.
- How can I contact you?
You can contact us by phone, email or chat.More Info
- My lens ripped/is defective. Can I return it?
Of course! You can return a ripped or defective lens up to 365 days after the purchase date. However, lenses manufactured by Johnson & Johnson VisionCare, Inc. and Bausch + Lomb have a separate return policy.More Info
- I don't like how my colored contacts look. Can I return them?
Unfortunately, colored contact lenses cannot be returned.
- Do you price match?
Yep! 105 percent (5 percent of the difference) from authorized retailers in the U.S.More Info
- What if I find a better price on another website after I bought contact lenses from you?
We'll happily price match contacts from authorized online retailers up to seven days after the purchase date.More Info
- Where is my refund?
It may take up to 10 business days for a credit to show on your account depending on your banking institution. If you have not received your refund after 10 business days, please contact our Customer Service Team.More Info
- Where is my order?
You can log into your DiscountContactLenses.com account to check the status of your order. If you have further questions, feel free to call our Customer Service Team.More Info
- What shipping methods do you offer?
We offer ground, expedited, 2nd day and overnight shipping (2nd day and overnight are on a product-by-product basis).More Info
- What shipping carriers do you use?
We use USPS and FedEx.
- How long will it take to get my contacts?
It depends on the shipping method. If you choose regular ground shipping within the U.S., you will typically receive your order in 5 to 7 business days.More Info
- How long will it take to ship my contact lenses?
Processing shipments for in-stock lenses takes 24 to 48 hours. Made-to-order lenses vary based on manufacturer; please call our Customer Service Team for more information.More Info
- Do you carry stock of your contact lenses?
We stock 99 percent of the contact lenses we sell. The rest are made-to-order or specialty lenses. If you would like to know if your contact lenses are in stock, please contact our Customer Service Team.More Info
- Do you offer trial lenses?
No, but you can talk to your eye doctor about getting trial lenses.
- Can I order contact lenses over the phone?
You can! Give us a call-we're around Monday - Friday 8 a.m.-11 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m.-9 p.m. and Sunday 12 p.m.-7 p.m.More Info
- How long do I have to return or exchange my lenses?
You have 365 days to return or exchange your lenses. To learn more, go to our returns page.More Info
- Can I pay using my FSA or HSA?
Yep! Contact lenses are a valid use of FSA/HSA funds, however, plano (non-prescription/cosmetic) lenses are not. Please contact your FSA/HSA administrator for more information about whether your contact lenses are eligible.More Info
- I'm not sure which contact lenses I wear. Can you help me order?
That's why we're here! Give us a call and give us your eye doctor's contact information. We'll track down your prescription in no time.More Info
- How do I cancel my order?
To cancel your order before it ships, call us.More Info
- Do you ship internationally?
Yep, we ship to nearly 100 countries. Give our Customer Service Team a call to make sure we can get you what you need.More Info
- I don't understand how to enter my prescription on the website. Is there another way?
Our Customer Service Team is ready and waiting to handle it for you.More Info
- I don't see my lenses. Do you carry them?
If you don't see your lenses, call our Customer Service Team to help you out.More Info
- How do I use a coupon code on my order?
Underneath the list of items in your cart you'll see "Promo Code"-click it, add the coupon code, submit and enjoy more savings.
- Do I need a prescription if I just want contacts to change my eye color?
Yes, you always need a valid prescription. Eyes are fussy things, so you need to be fitted for lenses even if you don't need vision correction. Just like you wouldn't wear a shoe that is three sizes too big, you also shouldn't wear contact lenses that don't fit your eyes-they can cause pretty severe damage.
- Do I have to buy the brand of contact lenses the doctor prescribed to me?
Yes, by law-and for your safety-you can only purchase the brand of lens your eye doctor prescribed using a valid prescription. Some lenses do have a generic alternative, however, and you can contact our Customer Service Team for more information.More Info
- Is a contact lens prescription different than a glasses prescription?
Most definitely, the two prescriptions are not interchangeable.
- My prescription expired, but my vision hasn't changed. Do I need a new prescription?
While it might not seem like your vision has changed, it's important to check your prescription and evaluate the health of your eyes; the wrong contacts could cause damage without showing any visible symptoms.More Info
- Do colored contact lenses work on dark eyes?
Yes-opaque colored contacts work for dark and light eyes.
- Do you sell made-to-order contact lenses?
Yes, we sell soft and hard (RGP) made-to-order contact lenses such as Boston, Fluorex, and Hydrasoft.
- Do you sell eye drops, contact lens solutions, contact lens cases and other accessories?
Yep, we carry a variety of contact lens accessories-check out the selection.
- My prescription recently expired. Can I still use it?
Unfortunately, no. We only accept valid prescriptions.More Info
- How do I read my contact lens prescription?
Contact lens prescriptions are loaded with acronyms and abbreviations that indicate the size, power and brand of contact lenses you need. But don't worry about completely understanding Latin shorthand—ordering from DiscountContactLenses.com is easy. We’ve even created an overview of the key information you need to understand.More Info
- For how long is my contact lens prescription valid?
The length of time that a contact lens prescription is valid for is typically between 1 and 2 years, but it varies by state. You can easily find this information online by searching for "(your state name) contact lens prescription expiration".